Saturday, June 16, 2012

Tony Parker Injured In Brown-Drake Nightclub Fight, Iman Shumpert Unharmed

NBA superstars Tony Parker and Iman Shumpert were hanging out at the W.i.P. nightclub in New York City early Thursday morning when a brawl broke out between Chris Brown and members of Drake's entourage, according to multiple reports.

The fight broke out after Brown sent a $2,000 bottle of Ace of Spades champagne to Drake and his 15-member entourage in an attempt to make peace, as the two musicians have had problems with each other for quite a while.

Both of them have previously been romantically linked to R&B singer Rihanna, which is apparently what sparked the fight.

Drake responded by sending the bottle back to Brown along with an "incendiary note" that sparked the incident, according to the New York Daily News.

Punches, as well as glass bottles, were thrown during the ensuing melee, which led to Parker receiving a scratched retina and a hurt cornea in one of his eyes.

“I was with my friend Chris Brown and me and my friends took some punches, so I’ll be missing the start of the French team because I can’t do anything for a week except keep the lens in and then take drops,” the San Antonio Spur's point guard said to a group of reporters in Paris, where he flew after the incident.

"I was quietly with my friends when a fight broke out. Bottles started flying everywhere. I tried to protect my girlfriend and I got everything. The cornea is affected. I cannot do anything for seven days. Wear a therapeutic contact lens and I get drops. I was lucky, that I almost had to get stitches," he added from behind a pair of sunglasses worn to hide the injury.

Parker will almost certainly be better in time to help France attempt to go for a medal at the 2012 Olympics in London.

New York Knicks guard Iman Shumpert left the scene unharmed, as he tweeted after the incident saying that security had led him out just prior to the brawl breaking out.

"Definitely pre bottle smash. Lol. Security walked me out before it broke out," Shumpert said in the tweet yesterday.

Chris Brown wasn't quite as lucky, as he posted a picture on his Twitter account of his chin, which had a decent sized gash on it from what was likely a glass cut.

Mary J. Blige and Fabolous were other notable celebrities in attendance when the brawl broke out.

No comments:

Post a Comment